Responsible to effectively monitor the work flow, on-going production and service of food and coordinate with the line staff, banquet staff, and dish room staff on assigned schedules. Works second shift.
Full time and Part Time positions available. $13 – 16 per hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepare and cook high quality foods according to menu guidelines and recipes.
- Responsible for the preparation and service of food in accordance with the Restaurant’s quality and service standards.
- Must have advanced knowledge of soup and stock production.
- Ability to break down whole cuts of pig, beef, and fish.
- Ensure prep list is complete for next shift.
- Maintain restaurant cost control systems.
- Maintain kitchen equipment, walk-ins, storage areas, in good condition.
- Complete daily cleaning checklists and temperature logs.
- Effectively supervise kitchen crew members with a focus on line staff, but also including banquet staff and dish room staff when necessary.
- Train/Assist with training of all kitchen staff, including any Apprentices/Interns, as directed by the Executive Chef in order to achieve a high standard of excellence.
- Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations in relation to kitchen staff or Guest complaints…i.e.…food allergies, menu questions, complaints pertaining to food service.
Responsibilities include training Teams Members, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performances; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Culinary Degree; or 2-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training required upon hire
Serve Safe Certified preferred