The Maintenance Engineer/Painter is expected to be the representative and agent of Willow Valley Associates in their relationships with all Team Members. They are responsible for maintaining the highest standards of the Company in those relationships. They also represent the Company in their dealings with staff, managers in other departments, Team Members, tenants, guests, customers, residents and members of the general public. The Maintenance Engineer/Painter should always seek to advance the long-term interests of Willow Valley Associates and to maximize the quality, effectiveness, and productivity of Property Management and Development and its Team Members by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Coordinates all work to be completed with Property Manager and other trades for the purpose of completing projects efficiently and within the requested timeline
- Maintains inventory of tools and supplies to ensure availability of items required to complete the improvement or repair
- Estimates materials and equipment needed to complete projects, communicates summary to Property Manager prior to commencement of work
- Completes inspections independently as well as with Property Managers and proactively completes “touch ups” and repairs
- Responsible for storing, handling and disposing of paint, stain, varnish and other chemicals
- Responsible for moving furniture and other obstacles away from areas to be painted, protecting furniture and fixtures and moving furniture back into place.
- Removes fixtures, pictures, door knobs, electric switch covers and/or any other hardware to protect the finish or interfere with painting
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishing, covering surfaces such as baseboards, door frames and windows to protect surfaces during painting
- Organizes and maintains paint colors “as bullets” at each facility
- Establish an orderly system to store and identify all paint containers
- Match paint samples for touch-ups
- Ensure that surfaces are not susceptible to moisture by sealing cracks and corners where building materials meet
- Prepare a variety of surfaces; cleaning, sanding, scraping, patching, caulking etc. to ensure the surface is prepared for painting or refinishing
- Uses safety equipment when necessary following all safety procedures established by Willow Valley
- Hangs new wall vinyl as well as repair and maintain existing wall vinyl
- Repair, touch up and refinish wood furniture and wood surfaces
- Stain, seal and varnish wood surfaces
- Inspects jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean
- Performs all tasks in a neat and efficient manner which includes cleaning all brushes, rollers and equipment and returning equipment to designated storage at the end of each day
- Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenances staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the Property Management Department
- Performs other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-5 years related experience and/or certification from trade and/or technical school.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A current valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required. Team Members driving WVA vehicles must be at least 21 years of age.