The purpose of this position is to maintain all aspects of the Human Resource Information System (HRIS), specializes in I-9 issues, manages recruitment and job placement, and completes various reporting functions. Ensures OSHA Training requirements, local, health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met through Team Member training.
- Maintains all aspects of HRIS: data entry for new hires, active Team Members, promotions, position changes, new positions, working closely with the Staff Accountant on payroll and timekeeping issues.
- Monitors hiring process, updates and creates new hire packets, tracks compliance with pre-employment screenings, performs reference and background checks on applicants upon request.
- Updates recruiting websites, WV website careers page and Job Post opportunities.
- Plans and conducts new Team Member Orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals and maintain material for orientation packet.
- Distributes and tracks 45 & 90 day and annual reviews to Team Leaders.
- Exports and manipulates electronic reports such as Anniversary, Turnover, Birthday reports, UC charges, age list, MVR list. Prepares and sends new hire, termination and salary reports to Team Leaders.
- Maintains active & terminated Team Member personnel files.
- Specializes in knowledge of I-9 laws and procedures.
- Provides information as needed to governmental agencies and verifications of employment.
- Assists with delivery of training by reserving and setting up needed AV equipment and training rooms; scheduling training times with attendees; preparing and distributing training handouts and materials; and performing other related tasks.
- Maintains the annual compliance training calendar and assists in monitoring company-wide compliance with required training. Designs and runs various reports in Kronos to track training completion and follows up to ensure compliance.
- Follows the Hilton training requirements and tracks appropriate Hilton training, as needed.
- Produces and updates company training packets and/or checklists for each business unit annually and logs all completed forms.
- Sends out reminders to all facilities of their pending training dates and times throughout the year, along with attendance sheets and any cancellations.
- Provides back-up support to other positions within the HR department and occasionally for HR receptionist.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates degree required. BA/BS degree and PHR certification preferred. Two years prior HR experience required. Must have experience with Outlook, MS Windows OS, Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point. Advanced skills in Kronos software preferred, but will train. General knowledge and understanding of benefit administration and employment law. Ability to display a high degree of judgment, discretion and confidentiality.
Willow Valley offers a competitive benefits/compensation package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(K) employer match, professional development, and paid time off. A work/life balance of a 40 hr week is also offered Mon.-Fri.