Manages hotel to ensure efficient and profitable operation by performing the following duties personally or through fellow Team Members. Responsible for overall results of the Hotel and Food Service Operations, training of staff, and developing and operating within annual budget. Ensures Guest satisfaction with the hotel by continually monitoring programs and services offered, and adjusting as needed.
- Hires and trains Assistant General Manager, Executive Housekeeper, and Chief Engineer. Delegates hiring as appropriate for other staff positions. Approves hiring decisions as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains operating budgets to ensure total revenue, RevPAR and ADR exceed projections. Maintains accurate records and makes forecasts and projections to ensure expenses are in line with projected sales.
- Reviews budgeted room nights and sales. Compares with reservations on the books. Plans appropriate promotions and rate adjustments to assure budgets are met. Helps establish minimum/maximum stay dates through OnQ and RMS system.
- Monitors competing lodging establishments closely to keep the hotel in line with room rates and service prices.
- Oversees the development and execution of the Sales & Marketing Plan for hotel. Responsible for distribution of collateral advertising and promotion pieces. Assists with calls on prospects to solicit business, oversees analyzes requirements of function, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered, and quotes prices.
- Responsible for food service provided to the Hotel Guests and Restaurant patrons. Assists in menu planning, cost control and quality of food provided.
- Ensures that hotel rooms and common areas are cleaned and maintained according to Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley standards.
- Conducts monthly meetings with each Management Team and Monthly Team Leader meetings with outlined agenda.
- Ensures hotel payroll and accounting information is accurate; responsible for approving/signing off on payroll records for corporate.
- Conducts performance appraisals on all Team Leaders, and reviews PRD’s conducted by Team by Team Leaders.
- Completes OnQ Property Management System training and all other required Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley training according to Quality Assurance and Brand Standards.
- Verifies reservations by letter, or draws up contracts and obtains signatures.
- Serves as convention advisor or coordinator during function to minimize confusion and resolve problems such as space adjustment and need for additional equipment.
- Assist with guest complaints and special request, accept input and feedback for use in future plans.
- Serves as On-Call Manager on Duty (as noted on MOD schedule).
- Coordinates work orders and maintenance.
- Supervise proper handling of cash.
- Keep abreast of all civic and community affairs by participating in essential organizations and activities.
- Follows established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Provide a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Provide an excellent work environment by listening and reacting to Team Members’ needs. Recognize and reward Team Members during special occasions and achievements.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise Team Members in Guest Services, Housekeeping, Breakfast, and Maintenance is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining Team Members, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.