Coordinates front office activities of hotel and resolves problems arising from Guests’ complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for training Guest Services Team Members in accordance with standards as outlined by Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley (required video & emergency training).
- Scheduling and staffing according to budget guidelines. Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- ONQPM GSA Curriculum-perform daily front desk tasks, including check-in, check-outs, issuing room keys, answering, screening and routes outside calls, postings, corrections, printing reports, room status, room availability creating and modifying groups, guests/group messages and hotel room blocks.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities.
- Operates paging system to relay in-house announcements or call individuals to phone.
- Reports tasks to the Maintenance, Housekeeping, Common Area, and Management using Hotel Expert.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; recreational facilities in the area; shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions. Sells a variety of seasonal tickets.
- Handling Guest complaints through face to face interaction or written or verbal response.
- Conducts monthly front desk meetings with outlined agenda
- Serves as Manager on Duty (MOD)
- Responsible to oversee thorough cash out report, balancing in areas of petty cash, safe and front desk drawers.
- Prepares Incident Reports when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to seasonal needs within the hospitality industry, it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
Manages Team members in the Guest Services Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training, disciplining, scheduling Team Members for work, planning and assigning work, checking work for accuracy and completeness, maintaining performance records, handling Team Member complaints, overseeing safety issues, advising management on policy or operations issues, planning, purchasing, and recruiting.
Education and/or Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or up to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- CPR Certification preferred but will train