Assistant General ManagerHilton Garden Inn - Full Time
Responsible for the Resort in the absence of the General Manager. Also responsible to oversee thorough cash out report, balancing in areas of petty cash, safe and drawer. Coordinates and provides leadership to the Guest Services/Reservations. Responsible for ensuring 100% Guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures training of all Team Members.
• Responsible for hotel operations in absence of General Manager.
• Reviews budgeted room nights and sales. Compares with reservations on the books. Plans appropriate promotions and rate adjustments to assure budgets are met. Helps establish minimum/maximum stay dates through Revenue Management
• Monitors Lodging establishments closely to keep the Hotel in line with room rates and service prices.
• Serves as On-Call Manager on Duty, and Manager on Duty (as noted on MOD schedule).
• Ensure Hotel payroll is accurate; responsible for approving/signing off on payroll records.
• Coordinates work orders and maintenance.
• Supervise proper handling of cash.
• Responsible for supervising all areas of the Hotel, to set and attain goals as well as to set performance standards for each department.
• Conducts analysis of activities, costs, operations of Resort business units to determine it’s growth and progress toward stated goals and objectives.
• Achieves budgeted sales and maximum profitability.
• Creates new programs in response to changing market conditions and revenue opportunities.
• Maintains a high personal level of visibility throughout the Hotel.
• Assist with Guest complaints and special requests, and listens to Guests and Team Members on a regular active basis to receive input and feedback for use in future plans.
• Trains and motivates Team Leaders and Members in all areas.
Manages subordinate Team Leaders who supervise Team Members in Guest Services/Reservations. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises non-supervisory Team Members
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or eight years related experience and/or training;
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training upon hire
RAMP Training preferred but will train
CPR Certification preferred but will train