Facilitates Food Service by performing the essential duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Efficiently clears dirty silverware, glassware, and plates from Guest tables and properly breaks down the trays for cleaning of these items in the kitchen.
- Cleans and polishes glass shelves and doors of service bars and equipment such as coffee urns, cream and milk dispensers, tabletops, chairs, salt and pepper shakers, sugar caddies, and center pieces.
- Replaces soiled table linens and resets tables with silverware and glassware.
- Replenishes supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes in dining room.
- Restocks all service stations, glassware, and other items in an efficient manner to maximize table turns.
- Supplies service bar with food such as soups, salads, and desserts.
- Serves ice water and butter to Guests.
- Makes coffee and fills fruit juice dispensers.
- Provides a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Sets up Room Service:
- Sets up service trays.
- Confirms Room Service order.
- Delivers/identifies themselves as “In Room Dining.”
- Asks where Guest would like their order placed.
- Reviews the Room Service Order with Guest before leaving.
- Utilizes the Guest name three times before leaving.
- Collects used Room Service trays from hallways every 30 minutes.
- Ensures Hilton Standards are maintained throughout Room Service orders.
Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry, it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
This position has no Supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Less than High School education; or up to one-month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hilton Brand Training required upon hire.
- RAMP trained preferred if over 18 but will train.
- ServSafe Certification preferred but will train.
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manuel. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
Complexity and Judgment
Work is routine or repetitive. It involves following simple procedures or directions that are well defined and clearly stated.
Guest and Team Member Relations
This position has occasional contact with Guest and Team Members on a regular basis. Simple courtesy is required. Occasional contacts with Team Members outside of the immediate work group is required of this position.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Benefits offered by Willow Valley
- Medical (FT only)
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discount Program
- Fun Work Environment!
Willow Valley Associates is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Today