Maintains kitchen work area and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Washing and sorting of plates, cups, cutlery and cooking equipment.
- Washing worktables, walks, sinks with disinfectant, refrigerators and speed racks, etc.
- Polishes and wipes out alto shames.
- Removes and cleans flow jets in dishwasher.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Ensure proper sorting and storage of food.
- Organize the disposal of rubbish and waste.
- Organize the sorting of recyclable materials.
- Keep all work areas, cool room, storeroom and rear areas clean, swept, hosed and tidy.
- Control the use of chemicals in the kitchen.
- Follow correct sanitation and hygienic food handling practices.
- Follow the restaurants regular cleaning and waste disposal practices.
- Work safely and support others to work safely.
- Maintain kitchen equipment and plant in good condition.
- Support good communication among floor staff and kitchen crew.
- Promote harmonious environment among all staff within the restaurant.
- Communicate all concerns to the Sous Chef.
- Ensure closing procedures are completed and signed off on by Sous Chef.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
ServSafe Certification preferred but will trainApply Today