This is a full-time position assisting the Director of Landscape Operation and Golf Course Superintendent providing preventative and corrective diagnosis to Property Management & Development equipment and building facilities. The Equipment Technician is expected to be the representative and agent of Willow Valley in their relationships with Team Members, Guests, Residents, Contractors, and Members of the general public. This individual is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of the Company in those relationships. The Equipment Technician should always seek to advance the long-term interests of Willow Valley, and to maximize the quality, effectiveness, and productivity of Property Management and Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sound knowledge of operational characteristics for a wide variety of light equipment, such as chainsaws, string trimmers, hedgers, gas powered drills, backpack blowers, snow blowers and other 2 cycle engines and diesel engines.
- Has knowledge of Golf Course equipment, and basic building maintenance.
- Observe and listens to mechanical devices in operation to locate and diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Clean work area and related shop facilities.
- Sharpens and changes blades, reels, and bed knives on mowing equipment.
- Assists changing filters, batteries, tires, and belts.
- Completes preventative maintenance and repairs on both 2 and 4 stroke engines.
- Change light bulbs as needed.
- Performs general maintenance on interior and exterior of buildings.
- Helps prepare turnover units for occupancy.
- Assist with miscellaneous tasks that are completed by all Property Management business units.
- Completes Resident service request in a timely manner.
- Helps to keep parking lots and facilities free of debris and trash.
- Assist Landscape Services with snow removal. This includes shoveling snow from walks and operating snow removal equipment.
Golf General Purpose
Repairs and maintains small Golf Course related engine equipment, both gas and diesel. Maintains equipment inventory and equipment maintenance records. Assists in mowing and maintenance of Golf Course fairways, rough, greens tee area and other open space areas; changing cups; and raking the bunkers. Assists in the maintenance of the sprinkler systems and the repair and installation of sprinkler lines and heads.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of small engines, both gas and diesel, including hydraulic equipment.
- Responsible for sharpening all types of mowers used on a golf course.
- Operates all equipment used on a golf course and be available to use this equipment when needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance work and records, such as checking oil and fluid levels on all equipment.
- Maintains inventory records on repair made, parts ordered and parts inventory.
- Assists in projecting needs for equipment, materials and supplies. Assists in the preparation of specifications, estimates, and bids for machinery, equipment, and contractor services.
- Assures that tools and equipment are properly maintained and kept in proper working condition.
- Responsible for inspecting rental carts.
- Open and closes locks and unlocked facilities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of Golf Course mowing equipment, to include hydraulics, and small engine equipment, both gas and diesel.
- Working knowledge of safety practices and procedures while making mechanical repairs; knowledge of various Golf Course vehicles; working knowledge of Golf Course maintenance repair and operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair equipment with accuracy and speed, ability to create effective working relationships with Team Members; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain written equipment maintenance records.
Tools & Equipment Used
Pick up truck; Turf care and landscaping equipment, including: tractors, mowers, aerifiers, chain saws, edgers, weed trimmers, electronic motors, pumps, sprinklers, irrigation systems; miscellaneous hand and power tools for turf maintenance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-5 years related experience and/or technical training/certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Other Skills and Abilities
Valid PA Driver’s License. Experience working on Golf Course equipment as well as miscellaneous small equipment.
This position has no signatory authority but will require a company credit card. Signs purchase requisitions and invoices for expenditures for products and services continuously required to carry out the functions of this operational area in accordance with the annual Willow Valley Associates, Inc. Signature Authority Limits.
Safety Policy and Procedures
Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manual. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety. This is a Safety-Sensitive Position as defined in the Drug Free Workplace Policy.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The Team Member is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and consistent/reoccurring vibration. The Team Member is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Outlook Email, Internet, MS Windows OS, Word, basic typing skills.
Complexity & Judgment
Work requires performing non-routine tasks that are unrelated. Problem solving occurs as a regular part of the job. Established practices and procedures are not always available to address all situations. Independent judgment is used on a continuous basis.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This position interacts with Guests and Team Members on a regular basis dealing with routine matters.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to move 1-10 lbs; stand; bend; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to move 11-50 lbs and stoop, kneel, squat, crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to move 50+ lbs; sit; climb or balance; walk on uneven surfaces and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Full Time Benefits offered by Willow Valley Associates:
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Life Insurance + Available Supplemental
- Paid Time Off
- Fun Work Environment!
Willow Valley Associates is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Today