Full Time – Must Work Weekends – Usual hours 3pm – 11pm
Accommodates Guests of the hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- ONQpm GSA Curriculum-perform daily front desk tasks including check-in, check-out, posting, corrections, printing reports, room status, room availability, creating, and modifying groups, Guest/Group messages and hotel room block.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate Front Desk cash drawers/Posts charges such as room, sundry items, fax, copy and telephone. Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for Guests. Deposits Guest’s valuables in safe deposit box at their request.
- Answers telephone calls promptly, politely in accordance to the Hilton Brand Standards, transmits, and receives telephone messages.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; shopping, dining, entertainment, travel, transportation and tours, makes reservations, arranges pickup/delivery to Airport at the request of the Guest and sells seasonal tickets when available.
- Completes Daily Shift Checklist, keeps records of room availability and Guest’s accounts.
- Records and delivers all wake up calls.
- Assists in delivery of luggage, fruit baskets, flowers, etc. to Guests.
- Operates paging system to relay in-house announcement or call individuals to phone/Reports tasks.
- Sells items from the Suite Shop which may include alcohol.
- General cleaning and up keep of the hotel to include
- Helping in the Laundry
- Breakfast set-up
- Attending to Guest needs
- Provides a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or 1 year related experience and/or training in a similar capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hilton Brand Training required upon hire
- CPR Certification – will train
- RAMP Certification – will train
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manuel. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
General Computer Skills with experience using Word, Excel, Outlook Email, Kronos, and Hilton OnQ.
Complexity & Judgment
Work requires performing routine tasks that are related. Problem solving occurs as a regular part of the job. Established practices and procedures are not always available to address all situations. Individual judgment is used on a regular basis.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This position interacts with Guest and Team Members on a regular basis dealing with routine matters.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Full time benefits offered by Willow Valley
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discount Program
- Fun Work Environment!
Willow Valley Associates is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Today