In this year-round position, the Team Member maintains the grounds of commercial and public property by performing the duties listed below. This Team Member should be friendly, outgoing and responsive and to Guests, Residents, Tenants and the general public’s questions providing excellent customer service. This position offers opportunity for growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Coordinates annual flower program. Contacts growers to check prices and condition of plants.
• Helps with planting selection.
• Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
• Mulch and maintains landscape beds.
• Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs. Inspects and diagnoses insect and disease problems on ornamental trees and shrubs.
• Rakes and removes leaves.
• Waters lawns, shrubs and annuals.
• Shovels snow from walks and driveways, operates snow removal equipment, spreads salt on public passageways to prevent ice buildup.
• Helps guests, residents, and public with questions and directions.
• Assists in overseeing special projects and seasonal Team Members.
• Picks up and removes litter from trash receptacles, parking lots, and turf areas.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Full Time Team Members only required to have a valid PA driver’s license.
Pennsylvania Commercial Pesticide Applicators License in turf and ornamental categories is a plus.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (FT)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (PT)
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Life Insurance (FT)
- Paid Time Off (FT)
- Fun Work Environment!