Maintains quantity and quality of food items for complimentary food service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares and cooks high quality foods as well as brews coffee in accordance with the Hilton Brand and Willow Valley Standards.
- Replenish food and beverage items as necessary, including alcoholic beverages such as beer and wine on weekdays.
- Presents, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Observes guests to respond to any additional requests. Creates purposeful moments by pouring coffee/drinks, serving cookies and pastries while warm, cleaning off tables, etc.
- Responsible for overall cleanliness of all food service areas (which include preparation, serving and consumption areas) and removing trashing during and after food services events.
- Coordinates with Guest Services any scheduled group functions.
- Provide a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School or GED and possess at least 1 year experience working in a similar capacity.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hilton Brand training upon hire
- ServSafe Certification preferred but will train
- CPR Certification preferred but will train
- RAMP Certified as per Hilton Standards
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manuel. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
General Computer Skills with experience using Word, Excel, and Email and Micros or Agilysys.
Complexity & Judgment
Work is routine and requires the ability to perform related steps, processes or methods to accomplish the end result. Simple procedures and directions are well defined and clearly stated.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This position interacts with Guest and Team Members on a regular basis dealing with routine matters.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Full Time Benefits offered by Willow Valley
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discount Program
- Fun Work Environment!
Willow Valley Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Today