To strive in your daily performance to ensure that the highest quality and level of service are provided to our Guests. Prepares various items to order including proteins, vegetables, starches, sauces, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Helps with menu planning and estimates food requirements – requisition/procures products from storage.
- Maintains restaurant prep level systems
- Prepares and cooks high quality foods in accordance with Hilton Brand Standards.
- Utilizes basis knife skills.
- Washes, peels, cuts, trims, slices, peels or shreds to prepare food items/bones meats prior to use.
- Follows recipes.
- Measures and mixes ingredients.
- Has advanced knowledge of soup and stock production – Prepares sauces, stock, soup, and gravies.
- Grills, broils, roasts, fries, carves fish, meat, chicken and vegetables
- Assures quality of food products by tasting, touching, and/or smelling
- Ensures safety and cleanliness of kitchen, food storage areas, and equipment.
- Follows the restaurants sanitation and hygienic food handling practices, and regular cleaning and waste disposal practices.
- Provides a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma and/or Culinary Certificate from Technical School; or 4 years related experience and/or training in a similar capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hilton Brand Training required upon hire.
- Serv Safe Certification preferred.
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manuel. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
Complexity & Judgment
Work requires performing non-routine tasks that are unrelated. Problem solving occurs as a regular part of the job. Established practices and procedures are not always available to address all situations. Individual judgment is used on a regular basis.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This position has occasional contact with Guests and Team Members on a regular basis. Simple courtesy is required. Occasional contacts with Team members outside of immediate work group is required in this position.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written. oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Basic skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Full-Time Benefits offered by Willow Valley Associates
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Hotel Discount Program
- Fun Work Environment!
Willow Valley Associates is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Today