This full time position is 5-days a week including some weekends. Typical hours are 8am to 4pm.
Tends laundering machines to clean articles such as towels, bed sheets, blankets, bedspreads, rags, wiping cloths, and other items as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Mixes dyes and bleaches according to formula for specified articles.
- Soaks contaminated articles in neutralizer solutions in vat to precondition articles for washing.
- Pulls dirty linen from laundry chute. Loads articles into washers and dryers.
- Starts washer by setting to appropriate cycle for type of material being washed.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into dryers for measured time cycles.
- Sorts dried articles according to identification numbers or type.
- Folds and places items in appropriate storage bin. Brings clean laundry to floors as needed, stocks linen shelves.
- Provide a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
No experience or training required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training required upon hire.
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manuel. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
Complexity & Judgment
Works requires performing routine and non-routine tasks. Work is diversified and requires judgment in the application of established rules and procedures but within established guidelines.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This person has very little contact with the Guests and Team Members. If contact is required, simple courtesy is expected. Contact with other Team Members is confined to the work group.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and consistent/reoccurring vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Full Time benefits offered by Willow Valley:
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discount Program
- Fun Work Environment!
Willow Valley Associates is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Today