The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maximizing the quality, effectiveness, and productivity of the facilities. This position maintains Willow Valley’s first impression to our guests, residents, clients and the community. The Maintenance Technician works closely with the Manager of Maintenance, General Manager, Front Desk Staff, and Housekeeping Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Completes room Preventative Maintenance and associated documentation.
- Responsible for key cards, locks and securing mechanical rooms as well as other areas of the building.
- Troubleshoots pumps, motors, HVAC equipment, kitchen equipment and lighting. Cleans, changes filters and trouble shoots HVAC systems.
- Responds and resolves plumbing problems including clogs, broken faucets and toilets, leaks in the domestic water supply as well as the sanitation lines.
- Maintains swimming pool and associated equipment, performs water quality tests and documents readings in accordance with state laws.
- Cleans and prepares areas to be painted. Completes touch up painting and finish coat painting.
- Responds to emergency calls, or when an alarm is triggered and sent to the monitoring company.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet deadlines.
- Works in a Team oriented environment and is expected to assist, communicate and coordinate repairs with fellow Team Members and Team Leaders.
- Assists with maintaining pest control logs and documentation as well as activities required to control pest activity.
- Removes snow from roofs, sidewalks, and parking lots. Maintains walking surfaces to avoid icy, slippery conditions.
- Picks up and removes litter and cigarette butts from trash receptacles, parking lots, landscape beds and turf areas.
- Assists the housekeeping department to clean facilities and turn mattresses.
- Friendly, outgoing and responsive to guests and the general public’s requests, providing excellent customer service.
- Follows established Willow Valley Associates and Hilton company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry, it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of this business.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Other Skills and Abilities
A current valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required. Team Members driving WVA vehicles must be at least 21 years of age with a clean driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have basic knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and electrical maintenance.
Safety Policy and Procedures
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manual. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety and must submit to random drug testing. This is a Safety-Sensitive Position as defined in the Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, the general public or Team Members. Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Basic skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to move 1-50 lbs.; stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
The Team Member in this position is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, and may have to work in high, precarious places. The Team Member will frequently be exposed to wet or humid conditions, will work near moving mechanical parts, and be exposed to caustic or toxic chemicals. The Team Member will regularly have a risk of electric shock. The noise level is moderate.
Outlook Email, basic typing and computer skills
Complexity & Judgment
Work requires performing routine and non-routine tasks. Work is diversified and requires judgment in the application of established rules and procedures within established guidelines.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This position maintains regular contact with Guests and Team Members and/or the public. The purpose of this contact is to address issues and concerns and establish business relationships. Resolving difficult situations is usually referred to a higher-level Team Member.Apply Today