Serve Guests food and beverages, including alcoholic beverages, in the dining room and lounge areas.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Completes opening and closing duties as instructed. Accurately completes all accounting procedures at the start and end of the shift.
- Keeps a clean and organized work area.
- Greets Guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Services Guests at all seats within the restaurant area. Takes food orders and delivers food to tables.
- Takes and delivers room service orders when needed.
- Records or memorizes menu. Answers questions and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
- Observes diners to respond to any additional requests, clearing plates, refreshing beverages, and determining when meal has been completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry, it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hilton Brand Training upon hire.
- ServSafe Certification preferred but will train.
- RAMP Training preferred but will train.
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manual. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
Experience in Micros helpful.
Complexity & Judgment
Work is routine and requires the ability to perform related steps, processes, or methods to accomplish the end result. Simple procedures and directions are well defined and clearly stated.
Guests & Team Member Relations
This position interacts with Guests and Team Members on a regular basis dealing with routine matters.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Full-Time Benefits offered by Willow Valley Associates
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Hotel Discount Program
- Fun Work Environment!
Willow Valley Associates is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Today