This position is responsible for generating top line revenue by managing all aspects of the Sales and Marketing Department. This individual supports the General Manager. This position is responsible for providing leadership and conducting his or her own prospecting and outside sales calls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Calls on prospects to solicit business, analyzes requirements of function, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered, and quotes prices.
- Prospects all market segments for new corporate, group and meeting room leads. Cultivates lead sources, distributes leads to other hotels in the brand and Willow Valley properties.
- Identifies best practices and new opportunities for increasing new visitors to discover the property and surpass the consumer’s online experience.
- Responds to all RFPs and sales leads through the OnQ system, and any other packages or special offers.
- Conducts site tours of hotel to walk-ins and prospective clients.
- Establishes and maintains close contact with assigned accounts and target accounts.
- Uses sales system to make contracts for bookings, and documents weekly sales efforts.
- Checks and sells meeting and banquet space, overnight rooms, and group blocks. Writes contracts and BEO’s to complete the sale for incoming leads.
- Responsible for all group billing up to and including daily posting of all group meetings and banquet functions, as well as posting for all group guest rooms on a daily basis, or as business dictates.
- Confers with customers and Team Members to plan function details such as space requirements, publicity, time schedule, food service, decorations, room set-up, and catering needs.
- Gathers & distributes all group counts & function changes and makes necessary changes to BEO’s.
- Reports on hotel sales as indicated on report chart and distributes reports
- Creates Action Plans and key account action plans. Once approved, accepts responsibility for assigned aspects of the plans.
- Maintains collateral material inventory and customer service database.
- Must work minimum of one weekend a month as MOD.
- Assists Guest Service Representative as needed at the Front Desk.
- Assists in organizing and planning employee, special recognition, and philanthropic events
- Provides a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and always striving to exceed expectations.
- Provides an excellent work environment by listening and reacting to Team Members’ needs. Recognizes and rewards Team Members during special occasions and achievements.
- Completes OnQ Property Management System training and all other required Hilton Hotels and Willow Valley training.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry, it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demand of our business.
Ability to train and discipline others, plan and/or assign work, check work for accuracy, and prepare a budget. Ability to plan, negotiate with vendors, represent the organization to outside parties, make purchases, conduct research, and advise.
Education & Experience
Associate Degree: or 4 years related experience and/or training is the minimum education level required for this position. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Outside Sales Experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hilton Brand Training upon hire
- Valid PA Driver’s License is required.
- CPR Certification preferred but will train
- ServSafe Certification preferred but will train
- RAMP Certification as per Hilton Standards
Sign purchase requisitions and invoices for expenditures for products and services continuously required to carry out the functions of your operational area in accordance with the annual Willow Valley Associates, Inc. Signature Authority Limits.
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manuel. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
General Computer Skills with experience in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access database and Outlook Email, Internet Software, MS Windows OS, and Kronos.
Complexity & Judgment
Work requires performing non-routine tasks that are related. Problem solving occurs as a regular part of the job. Established practices and procedures are not always available to address all situations. Individual judgment is used on a regular basis.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This position maintains regular contacts with Guests and Team Members and/or public. The purpose of this contact is to address issues and concerns and establish business relationships. Resolving difficult situation is usually referred to a higher-level Team Member.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extreme variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts. interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (Business office with computer, printers, light traffic)