Catering ManagerDoubleTree - Full Time
Has assigned Sales responsibility in Catering segment, contacts representatives of groups to coordinate and plan catering arrangements, and provides basic leadership to other Catering Planners within department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Must be able to make decisions on potential business evaluations which affect overall Revenue and Profitability of Resort.
- Ability to negotiate business includes contract negotiations and pricing adjustments.
- Provides consultation and/or expert advice to management. Must be able to identify current Catering trends and offer solutions to benefit the Resort.
- Authority to waive or deviate from established policies or procedures without prior approval. This includes Menu suggestions, meeting/meal requirements and banquet minimums.
- Assists with weekly, monthly and annual Catering Forecasts and Budgets.
- Assists with menu development and implementation.
- Responsible for getting all information for each assigned Function by appropriate due date.
- Receives information from group contact and creates Banquet Event order for each function by appropriate due date.
- Corresponds with group contact to answer questions and work with during event.
- Serves as Convention Coordinator during a function when questions arise and resolves problems.
- Issues written and oral instructions throughout the respective departments.
- Assists in general Sales tasks of assigned groups.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
- Adjust errors and complaints.
- Leads weekly catering meetings.
- Inform all necessary departments of last minute changes.
- Responsible for creating billing statements and assist in posting them if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university + 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid PA Driver’s LicenseApply Now