Chef AssistantDoubleTree - Part Time
Sets up, tears down and runs food for all areas of smorgasbord and buffets and assists in other areas of the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintains buffets by running food items, both hot and cold, monitoring cleanliness and communicating any needs for equipment or food to banquet cooks or sous chef.
- Interacts with Guests and Team Members in a positive, welcoming and servant style.
- Prep items for banquets, Café 24 Hundred buffet and a la carte service.
- Maintains all food safety requirements for temperature control, rotation, and cross contamination.
- Stores and handles food properly.
- Makes sure food lines are clean and sanitized properly garnished and at proper temperatures.
- Cleans and sanitizes food preparation equipment and work area.
- Sets up and decorates smorgasbord and buffet presentations.
- Due to the seasonal needs within our Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training required upon hire
ServSafe preferred but will train