Director of SalesHomewood Suites - Full Time
This position is responsible for generating top line revenue by managing all aspects of the Sales and Marketing Department. This individual supports the General Manager. This position is responsible for providing leadership and conducting his or her own prospecting and outside sales calls.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Serves as Team Leader to the Sales Assistant.
- Actively trains Team Members on the sales process and hotel promotions.
- Serves as Manager on Duty a minimum of one weekend per month.
- Works flexible hours, and a minimum of one late night per week.
- Due to the seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
- Expected to remain engaged while away from property.
- Work collaboratively with others to analyze and improve processes
- Is part of the leadership team which is responsible for the physical building as well as the care
- and morale of the Team Members & Guests.
- Provide a culture of engagement by listening and reacting to Team Member’s needs.
- Recognize and celebrate Team Member accomplishments.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with hotel and Willow Valley policies, service procedures, and standards.
- Creates and executes approved annual Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Makes necessary hotel purchases such as, food, gas, etc.
- Responsible management of department budget
- Attends all required Hilton training and Hilton Leadership Conferences.
- Familiarity with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Report any incidents, property damage or injuries immediately to Manager & Willow Valley.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maximizes occupancy and revenue by implementing strategies and promoting yield management.
- Maintains a well balanced Mix of Sales.
- Analyzes and prepares revenue forecast.
- Works with Leadership and Revenue Manager to create annual revenue budget.
- Coordinates overbooking situations.
- Maintains a close, working relationship with Revenue Manager.
- Responsible for all revenue management strategies, including strategies implemented by the Revenue Manager.
- Prospect & develop new accounts via outside and inside sales efforts.
- Cultivates lead sources, distributes leads to other hotels within the brand and Willow Valley properties.
- Acknowledge all sales inquiries and responds promptly (within four hours).
- Using appropriate Sales Process, qualifies and responds to all inquiries within 48 hours of last contact.
- Establishes and maintains a close professional relationship with assigned accounts and target accounts.
- Interacts with guests to build relationships and acquire new business leads.
- Creates and executes Action Plans as well as Key and Target account action plans.
- Uses sales system to create contracts for bookings, and documents weekly sales efforts.
- Submits reports based on Willow Valley Report Criteria.
- Sets-up lunch and breaks when needed.
- Works closely and communicates with other departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective or current client.
- Arrange and conduct special events, site inspections and off-site presentations for potential clients.
- Completes required Hilton University and Willow Valley training.
- Attends Sales Meetings, Team Leader Meetings, All Team Meetings and any other position-relevant meetings.
- Attends and represents the hotel at appropriate networking functions and community events.
- Responsible for marketing portion of eCommerce.
- Create great experiences with Team Members & Guests by exceeding expectations.
Ability to train and discipline others, plan and/or assign work, check work for accuracy, and prepare a budget.
Ability to plan, negotiate with vendors, represent the organization to outside parties, make purchases, conduct research and advise.
Education & Experience
Associates Degree; or 4 years related experience and/or training is the minimum education level required for this position. Outside Sales Experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training upon hire
Valid PA Driver’s License is required.
CPR Certification preferred but will train
ServSafe Certification preferred but will train
RAMP Certification as per Hilton Standards