Executive ChefDoubleTree - Full Time
This position will provide direction and development for the Food & Beverage Team at Doubletree by Hilton. Primarily, this position will oversee the kitchen, dish room, and receiving departments. Develop the standards, processes and systems that deliver consistent stellar products and services to all Guests while maximizing operation margins. He/She will be a key leader in the development of new menus and concepts, to generate new revenue streams for both food service areas at Doubletree by Hilton.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Interacts with Guests and Team Members in a positive, welcoming and servant style; establishing a strong rapport with Guests and Team Members.
- Conducts quality assurance audits including sanitation, food, and environmental safety.
- Oversees personnel to ensure cleanliness of kitchen and equipment.
- Ensures conformance of food with recipes and appearance standards.
- Plans menus and production of food.
- Coordinates all training and development of Kitchen Team Members and Team Leaders.
- Performs administrative responsibilities such as scheduling, performance reviews, interviewing and hiring.
- Maintains primary responsibility for food costs and inventory.
- Follows established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Responsible for managing all costs associated with the Kitchen, Kitchen Team, and Receiving.
- Develops new menus and food concepts in conjunction with Food and Beverage Leadership Team.
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
- Schedule requires flexibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages Supervisors and Team Members while overseeing the Kitchen and Receiving Team Members at the Doubletree . Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, terminating, promoting, demoting and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems such as Team Member and Guest complaints. Other responsibilities include scheduling, preparing budgets, and maintaining performance records. Responsible for designating a backup person for processing departmental payroll components in a timely manner, such as weekly time sheet approvals, transferal of hours, PTO, entering schedules, etc.
Education and/or Experience
Culinary or Restaurant Management Degree and 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training upon hire
ServSafe Certification required
CPR Certification preferred but will train
Valid PA Driver’s License