Food & Beverage ManagerHilton Garden Inn - Full Time
Organize and manage the activities of the Food and Beverage departments, including but not limited to the Kitchen, Banquet Operations, Restaurants, Room Service and Bars to maintain high standards of food and beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits and insure outstanding customer service. Coordinates and provides leadership to the team. Responsible for the hotel operation in the absence of the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes all required training.
- Plan and direct all functions of the food & beverage department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Develop, implement, and monitor schedules for the operation of all food and beverage outlets to achieve a profitable result.
- Participate in the creation and marketing of menu designs, incorporating all current food trends to attract a predetermined customer market, both restaurant and banquet menus.
- Implement effective controls of food, beverage and labor costs.
- Achieves and monitors the food and beverage budget to ensure efficient operation and those expenditures stay within budget limitations achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses.
- Regularly review, evaluate, and respond to customer satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction of the individual outlets; recommend new operating and marketing policies whenever a change in demand, customer dissatisfaction, or change in competitive environment requires such changes.
- Maintain a high personal level of visibility throughout the restaurant, lounge and banquet space. Floor management – includes managing staff who give service to customers in all food service areas and allocates duties of opening and closing. The manager is responsible to manage staff to follow service standard and health and safety regulations.
- Hire, train, supervise, develop, discipline/counsel, and evaluate team members according to WW policies and procedures.
- Ensure payroll is accurate, responsible for approving and completing weekly payroll.
- Maintains high level of visibility throughout the hotel.
- Follow established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget; develop short and long term financial operating plans.
- Complete and monitor PRD process.
- Staying current with the standards and trends of food service industry.
- Promote and live the Hilton CARE culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of CARE/team member morale.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards and positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure effective cash and asset controls are in place.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage, weekday and rotating weekends as needed. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Team Members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Participate in community public relations for the hotel.
- Utilize computer equipment to analyze forecast, cost and revenue reports and make decisions based on the information to ensure maximizing of profits.
- Attends meetings – BEO, Marketing, Maintenance, etc. Attends and/or facilitates monthly department meetings, including monthly Leader/Supervisor meeting.
- Complete other duties assigned by General Manager.
Manages Team Leaders who supervise Team Members in the Family Restaurant. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary or Restaurant Management; or 4-8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License