General ManagerHampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy - Full Time
Manages hotel to ensure efficient and profitable operation by performing the following duties personally or through fellow Team Members. Responsible for overall results of the Hotel and Food Service Operations. Develops and operates within a realistic budget annually. Insures Guest satisfaction with the hotel by continually monitoring programs and services offered and adjusting as needed to meet changing needs. Is responsible for compliance with all state and federal rules and regulations. Responsible for ensuring 100% Guest satisfaction. Responsible for the development and training of staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Hires and trains Executive Housekeeper, Chief Engineer and Guest Services Manager. Delegates hiring as appropriate for other staff positions. Approves hiring decisions as appropriate.
- Conducts orientation for all new Team Members
- Completes OnQ Property Management System training and all other required Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley training.
- Ensures reporting of hotel accounting information to corporate office as indicated on Report Information Chart.
- Assists with calls on prospects to solicit business, oversees analyzes requirements of function, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered, and quotes prices.
- Verifies reservations or draws up contracts and obtains signatures.
- Responsible for food service provided to the Hotel Guests.
- Establish cost control measure and ensures quality of food provided is up to Hilton, Willow Valley and Health Department Standards
- Conducts performance appraisals on all Team Leaders, and reviews PRD’s conducted by Team by Team Leaders.
- Ensures that hotel rooms and common areas are cleaned and maintained according to Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley standards.
- Monitors competing lodging establishments closely to keep the hotel in line with room rates and service prices.
- Develops and maintains operating budgets to ensure total revenue, RevPAR and ADR exceed projections.
- Maintains accurate records and makes forecasts and projections to insure expenses are in line with projected sales.
- Reviews budgeted room nights and sales. Compares with reservations on the books. Plans appropriate promotions and rate adjustments to assure budgets are met. . Helps establish minimum/maximum stay dates through OnQ and RMS system.
- Oversees the development and execution of the Sales & Marketing Plan for hotel.
- Responsible for distribution of collateral advertising and promotion pieces.
- Serves as On-Call Manager on Duty (as noted on MOD schedule).
- Serves as Manager on Duty (as noted on MOD schedule).
- Conducts monthly meetings with each Management Team and Monthly Team Leader meetings with outlined agenda.
- Oversees completion of weekly Sales Report in OnQ Sales & Events; monitors and updates sales activity in OnQ Sales & Events.
- Ensure hotel payroll is accurate; responsible for approving/signing off on payroll records.
- Assist with guest complaints and special requests.
- Coordinates work orders and maintenance.
- Supervise proper handling of cash.
- Maximize occupancy by supervising and promoting yield management and suggestive selling of hotel, to ensure total revenue, RevPAR and ADR exceed projections.
- Conducts Hilton Hotels Corporation training and other required training according to Quality Assurance and Brand Standards.
- Listens to guests and Team Members on a regular active basis to receive input and feedback for use in future plans.
- Keep abreast of all civic and community affairs by participating in essential organizations and activities.
- Follows established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Provide a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Provide an excellent work environment by listening and reacting to Team Member’s needs. Recognize and reward Team Members during special occasions and achievements.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of the business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise Team Members in Guest Services, Laundry, Housekeeping, Breakfast, Maintenance & Grounds, is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; or 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Hotel Corporation General Manager training required within 30 days of assignment.Apply Now