Guest Services SupervisorHampton Inn & Suites Ephrata - Full Time
Oversees all guest service operations, including front desk, night audit, reservations/telephone, supervisor of recreation and transportation services to ensure quality and guest satisfaction. Excellent knowledge of property management system/OnQ and R & I. Ensures efficient profitable operations with special attention on provide 100% guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as a Duty Manager for the hotel, ensuring all Guests are satisfied, both internal and external.
- Schedules all Guest Service Team Members according to budget guidelines – fills in as needed for staff shortages.
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, front desk uniforms and required Hilton Hotels Corporation Guest Service collateral while operating within monthly budget.
- Serves as hotel HHonors Champion.
- Maintains balancing and clearing of house accounts in Hilton OnQ.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate records in Kronos time system, and signing off weekly.
- Responsible for ensuring hotel’s OnQ packages and revenue are posted correctly.
- Responsible for training Guest Service Representatives in accordance with standards as outlined by Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley (required video & emergency training).
- Maintains hotel training matrix and is a certified trainer conducting new hire training as scheduled.
- Conducts monthly Front Desk meeting with outlined agenda.
- Assist with Guests complaints and special requests.
- Coordinate work orders with maintenance.
- Knows and understands all safety and emergency procedures and how to act upon them.
- Follows all Service Recovery Procedures.
- Supervise proper handling of cash and responsible for maintaining budget and checkbook.
- Maximize occupancy by supervising and promoting yield management and suggestive selling of hotel, to ensure total revenue, RevPAR and ADR exceed projections. Helps establish minimum/maximum stay dates through Hilton OnQ.
- Follows established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Provide a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Provide an excellent work environment by listening and reacting to Team Member’s needs. Recognize and reward Team Members during special occasions and achievements.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Team Members in Guests Services, and Breakfast Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for and designating a back-up for processing departmental payroll components in a timely manner, such as weekly timesheet approvals, transferal of hours, PTO, entering schedules, etc.
Education and /or Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, License, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training upon hire
CPR Certification preferred
RAMP certified as per Hilton’s Standards
Valid PA Driver’s License