Hotel Operation ManagerDoubleTree, Lancaster Full-Time Exempt
The purpose of the Operations Manager is to be a proactive representative of the hotel, who is aimed at creating an environment that achieves the highest possible team member and guest satisfaction.
Responsible to assist in overseeing accommodations, food and beverage, receptions, conference, and banqueting. They are responsible for maximizing guest satisfaction and for excellent attention to detail.
Assists Team Leaders to ensure efficient and profitable operations by performing the following duties personally or through fellow Team Members. Coordinates and provides leadership to the Team. Responsible for ensuring 100% Guest satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Promotes a culture of excellence in guest satisfaction through a warm welcome and desire to exceed expectations
- Maintains a high personal level of visibility throughout the Resort.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Leads by example by demonstrating self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to team members and guests at all times.
- Completes Hotel Management System training, along with Willow Valley training.
- Is responsible for all the day-to-day queries, complaints, or problems that arise in the hotel.
- Stay updated daily/weekly on hotel business levels, groups, etc.
- Monitor the hotel caterings and stay updated with all updates and amendments
- Assists in the review of forecasted room and food sales. Attends weekly meetings and assist with monthly revenue forecast updates.
- Attends BEO/Catering, sales and marketing meetings.
- Strong focus and presence in food and beverage and caterings to ensure highest quality of service.
- Carry out regular inspections of all departments in the areas of guest service.
- Steps in to assist HODs with any situations or in their absence.
- Maximize financial opportunities and achieve pro-active up-selling environment throughout the hotel.
- Follow established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Servers as Manager on Duty when is on shift.
- Schedule requires flexibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Carries out Team Leader responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assisting when needed with: interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Hilton Brand Training upon hire
- RAMP Training preferred but will train
- CPR Certification preferred but will train
Safety Policies and Practices
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manual. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety.
Aware of safety hazards and acts pro-actively to prevent injuries. Reports injuries and illness promptly and thoroughly. Attends training meetings, performs site safety inspections and conducts Team Member training when appropriate.
General Computer Skills with experience using Word, Excel, Power Point, Email Internet Software, MS Windows OS and Hilton OnQ.
Sign purchase requisitions and invoices for expenditures for products and services continuously required to carry out the functions of your operational area in accordance with the annual Willow Valley Associates, Inc. Signature Authority Limits.
Complexity and Judgment
Work involves the performance of complicated tasks and require consistent investigation and interpretations in unusual situations. Independent judgment is used on a continuous basis.
Guest & Team Member Relations
This position requires the ability to resolve issues with Guests, Team Members and/or the public. Influencing and persuasion are frequently used skills of this position.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Apply Now