Landscape Operations SupervisorProperty Management & Development - Full Time
Supervisor of Landscape Operations is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of property directly managed by Willow Valley Property Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of identifying ornamental trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, and turf along with growth characteristics.
- Recognize and communicate proposed solutions for improving plant health through horticultural practices.
- Possess ability to diagnose disease and insect problems on ornamental trees, shrubs, and turf.
- Treat plant material by means of liquid spray, injections, or granular applications.
- Document and maintain pesticide application records.
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches, or twigs.
- Mulch and maintain landscape beds.
- Rakes and removes leaves.
- Waters lawn, trees, shrubs, and annuals.
- Cuts lawns using riding and walking rotary mowers.
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds, and walls.
- Shovels snow from walks and driveways, operates snow removal equipment.
- Plan, organize, and manage the responsibilities necessary to run the daily landscape services operations.
- Spread salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup
- Help guests, residents, and public with questions and directions.
- Coaches and trains new Team Members.
- Coordinates with Director of Landscape Operations daily work schedules for Team Members.
- Trains new and existing TMs to complete services to department/company expectations and in a safe manner.
- Assists with communications to customers identifying schedules, work to be completed, and expenses to complete tasks.
- Willingness to be on call 24/7 (Storms, Snow, Wind , etc).
- Inspects properties and identifies areas for landscape improvements.
- Assists with preparation and installation of Christmas and other seasonal decorations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position supervises the department including special projects and seasonal Team Members. In the absence of the Director of Landscape Operations this position manages the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid PA Drivers License. Pennsylvania Commercial Pesticide Applicators License in turf and ornamental categories, preferred.Apply Now