Lead LifeguardDoubleTree - Full Time
Responsible for overall safety, maintenance, and cleanliness of all pool areas. Managerial tasks include, but are not limited to, the hiring, training, scheduling, discipline, and termination of Lifeguard Team Members and Recreation Assistants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares work schedules, availability sheets for lifeguards and pool attendants.
- Trains new team members and oversees mentorship in department.
- Plans, organizes, and implements in-house training (re-certification) for lifeguards.
- Maintains safety and cleanliness of all pool areas.
- Inventories medical and recreational pool supplies and communicates needs to manager of Resort Recreation.
- Assists with hiring and termination process for lifeguards and pool attendants.
- Works lifeguard shifts, at least 75% of each week’s hours.
- This position maintains regular contacts with Team Members, guests and/or the public, addressing issues and concerns/complaints.
- Follows established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Conducts monthly Lifeguard training and all required Hilton Brand Training
- Works with maintenance Manager on all pool cleaning and chemicals.
- Cleans and maintains pool, pool areas, and Fitness Room and equipment.
- Schedule requires flexibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Team Members in the Pools & Lifeguard Departments. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, scheduling and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experiences
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Lifeguard Certification, Red Cross Certification, AED, CPR for the Professional Rescues, First Aid and Lifeguarding Instructor Certification.Apply Now