Pro Shop AttendantWillow Valley Golf Course - Seasonal
Position requires a strong knowledge of golf operations. Handles cash and credit card transactions, stages and inspects golf cards daily. Maintains the course flow by performing Ranger duties through positioning of groups to avoid congestion. Works with the Superintendent to regulate cart rules and special situations. Maintains a positive attitude with guests, team members and the general public. Represents Willow Valley in all situations to enhance the Guest experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Communicates effectively with customers in a pleasant and cooperative manner on the phone and in the pro shop.
- Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Schedules tee times for customers and maintains course flow while manning the shop. Record lessons for Pro and note any special groups on the golf calendar to insure their outing runs smoothly.
- Understands the game of golf, explains course rules, and cautions golfers against personal/turf injury.
- Records all rounds of golf played and carts utilized during the day at the close of business.
- Coordinate tournament activities when required, collecting entry fees and recording scores of individuals playing in the event.
- Answers customer’s questions concerning carts, golf club rentals, merchandise, and golfing services.
- Total price and tax on merchandise and golfing services purchased by customers to determine bill.
- Operates Point of Sale cash register, accepts payment and makes change for golfers with rental carts/clubs.
- Wraps or bags merchandise for customers/accommodates golfers with rental carts /clubs.
- Cleans/vacuums shelves, counters, restrooms and pro shop floors and lock doors at the end of the day.
- Removes and records amount of cash in register at the end of shift. Prepares an brings all necessary paperwork for evening money drop to DoubleTree Front Desk.
- Make decisions on course condition if Super or Pro are not available. Sound horn if lightening is in the area to clear the course.
- Follow Super’s direction on cart rules and playing conditions and post appropriate signage to direct patrons.
- Assist Pro during special events and provide a professional appearance and strong golf knowledge.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree(GED); or Golf Management Degree or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a golf operation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None RequiredApply Now