Director of SalesDoubleTree - Full Time
Provides overall leadership to the Sales Department. Oversee all Marketing & Sales of the DoubleTree by Hilton. Develops and monitors marketing budgets to ensure effectiveness and cost. Responsible for setting, monitoring, achieving goals and performance of the hotel per revenue budget through developing and managing market mixes to ensure optimal rate and occupancy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Responsible for Hotel Sales
• Negotiates with potential vendors, service providers or other outside parties.
• Assist walk-in clients and calls for all markets when necessary.
• Internet and Inside sales calls are a priority in this position.
• Establishes pricing & booking strategies.
• Create contracts when appropriate, specifying all aspects of booking.
• Ensures that contract and deposits, as well as rooming lists are received by due dates.
• Service oriented to potential guests and fellow hotel team members.
• Meet sales goals.
• Meet site and call goals.
• Proficient in Revenue Management, rate maximization, and selling strategies.
Leading and directing the Sales & Catering Team
• Responsible for setting, monitoring, achieving goals and performance for the DoubleTree by Hilton per revenue budget.
• Lead solicitation and prospect efforts for each market.
• Helps create, develop and manage action plans.
• Monitors group limit ceilings, SSG, & MAR’s.
• Distribute leads to the appropriate market sales person with a weekly list maintained.
• Initiates follow up to reader board leads.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of company’s services.
• Maintains high visibility in the surrounding community and in the hospitality community as appropriate.
• Maintains efficient sales office procedures and insures the maintenance of accurate and updated accounts.
• Ensures prompt, and systematic servicing of all business accounts (i.e., tracing, booking, contracting, communicating with hotel departments, and following up with group for feedback and future bookings.
• Conduct client exit interview to determine level of satisfaction, and opportunity for re-booking and/or additional business.
• Required to occasionally work Complex MOD and be on-call as situations arise.
• Learns and utilizes all required training according to Hilton DOS standards, including attendance of required conferences.
• Learns and utilizes current operating systems. (OnQ, Delphi)
• Partners with PDVCB, Hilton and all appropriate affiliates to achieve our goals.
Developing and communicating information and reports to plan for the future needs of the hotel
• Involved in reporting and compiling statistics on group rooms & overall revenue (Pace Report.)
• Conducts competition analysis both locally & regionally.
• Review arrival reports for leads and research level of business at local hotel along with rate history.
• Obtains groups’ past history and communicate to group reservationist.
• Oversee, manage, and track the way in which group reservations are made, the pick-up of group blocks, adherence to cut-off dates, and any subsequent adjustments to room blocks.
Marketing and promotions
• Responsible for monitoring and evaluation of promotions.
• Ensures maximum SEO & social media.
• Create, develop/manage, implement and measure Marketing & Sales Plans.
• Assist in the due diligence of new projects/opportunities at Willow Valley Associates.
• Provide guidance, support, and leadership to existing Marketing & Sales resources.
• Produces and implements print, electronic media and internal merchandising impressions.
• Develops, administers and interprets information necessary for marketing decisions.
Manages subordinate Team Members within the Sales Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experiences
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full-Service Hotel Experience Required (minimum 2 years)
Hilton Brand hotel experience a plus