Sous ChefDoubleTree - Full Time
The Sous Chef will provide culinary expertise, leadership and guidance to members of the kitchen operation to ensure that the highest quality and level or service are provided to our Guests while at the same time developing his/her staff and driving a positive work environment. The primary objective of the Sous Chef is to establish and maintain maximum operational efficiency and superior food quality for the kitchen operation. He/She must prepare/cook and supervise the preparation and cooking for all food products are ordered and work on the development of new menus and recipes. The Sous Chef is responsible for supervision of all kitchen personnel and will work with the training and development of the Team Members. Must set an example to other Team Members through work habits and behavior.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for the preparation and service of food in accordance with the restaurants quality and service standards
- Organize the production of high quality food according to preset menu guidelines
- Demonstrate knowledge of current culinary trends
- Create and implement fresh and exciting menu changes
- Maintain targeted cost control figures for food/supply costs, strive to exceed agreed upon targets
- Responsible for menu and operation planning to ensure cross utilization of products across culinary outlets
- Ensure all stations are clean and sanitized and station set up is complete
- Responsible to maintain all safety, sanitation and hygienic requirements for the kitchen, kitchen personnel and storage Ares. Ensure safe work practices are followed.
- Ability complete daily activities, ordering, receiving and storage of all food and beverage products
- Possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations relating to personnel or customer service problems as they arise
- Daily supervision of all kitchen activities and personnel
- Organization and roistering of kitchen staff to meet align with staffing guidelines; ensure weekly schedule is posted in advance
- Mentor, train and supervise the training of all culinary staff, including any apprentices/interns, in order to achieve level of excellence
- Ensure constant communication flow among floor staff and kitchen crew
- Ensure line Team Members complete production sheets for next shift
- Document shift concerns, strategies, and questions in manager log book prior to daily shift departure
- Provide support to front of house supervisor in management of the dining room
- Promote high levels of performance among Team and a harmonious environment among all staff within the department.
- Schedule requires flexibility
Directly supervises Team Members in the Kitchen, and dish room. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Willow Valley’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring/terminating, promoting, training, completing and signing performance appraisals, and determining or recommending pay increases. Other responsibilities include disciplining, scheduling, planning/assigning work, checking work for accuracy and completeness, maintaining performance records, handling Team Member complaints, overseeing safety issues, advising management on policy or operations issues, and planning.
Education and/or Experience
Culinary Degree; or 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hilton Brand Training upon hire
Serve Safe Certification preferred
CPR Certification preferred but will train