Willow Valley’s Homewood Suites-Harrisburg East hotel has been presented with the prestigious Connie Award by Hilton. As the highest hotel award across all Hilton Worldwide brands, the Connie is presented to properties that embody Conrad Hilton’s vision to “fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality”.
This award recognizes this Willow Valley property as one of the top 30 Homewood Suites in the nation. They are graded on overall service scores, overall cleanliness scores, the last Hilton inspection and total extended stay percentage. There are 392 operating Homewood Suites in the US & Canada. Homewood Suites-Harrisburg East ranks as #22! Congratulations to the Homewood Suites team for their hard work and dedication! Once again, Willow Valley team members create great experiences!
Directs housekeeping and maintenance programs to ensure clean, orderly, well maintained and attractive conditions of the hotel by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for hotel housekeeping operations in absence of Executive Housekeeper.
- Completes OnQ training and other required Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley training.
Establishes standards and procedures for work of housekeeping staff.
Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service, while maintaining budgeted labor hours.
- Performs daily room and key assignments to Team Members.
- Inspects and evaluates physical condition of establishment.
- Submits recommendations for painting, repairs, furnishings, relocation of equipment, and reallocation of space.
- Inventories supplies and equipment; to include in monthly linen inventory.
- Investigates new and improved cleaning instruments and methods.
- Interprets company policies to Team Members and enforces safety regulations.
- Responsible for Lost and Found items. Accurately maintains Lost & Found items. Packages items to be returned and coordinates mailing of items in a timely manner; records items returned on Lost and Found Reports.
- Ensures guestrooms for Hilton Honors Members are prepared according to Hilton Hotels Corporation standards.
- Conducts activities of Team Members supervised.
- Responsible for monthly Housekeeping Team Meeting with agenda.
Responsible for training Housekeeping and Laundry Team Members in accordance with standards as outlined by Hilton Hotels Corporation and Willow Valley (required video & emergency training).
- Coordinates deep cleaning and special projects as needed.
- Provide a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Provide an excellent work environment by listening and reacting to Team Members needs. Recognize and reward Team Members during special occasions and achievements.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Team Members in Housekeeping and Laundry. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates. Licenses, Experiences
Hilton Brand Training upon hire
CPR certification preferred but will train
This position protects hotel guests and property inside the hotel. The Security Officer protects the hotel premises against theft, fire, vandalism and trespassers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Must be able to remain calm in tense situations and be able to take charge in the event of an emergency.
• Frequently addresses complex, sensitive or controversial matters that can have a major impact on the Company.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the operation of the fire panels.
• Patrols public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
• Act as a liaison between police and the hotel in the event that there is a situation needed police attention.
• Confers with management, interviews Guests, Team Members and other persons when investigating disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and accidents.
• Officer responds to complaints of thievery, disorder, and other disturbances within the hotel, restaurant and its parking areas. This may include contacting the local Police Department to give assistance.
• Other tasks may include warning or removing unauthorized individuals from the hotel, restaurant and parking areas to eliminate the unwanted harassment of hotel and restaurant guests. This may include contacting the local Police Department to give assistance.
• Assists management and enforcement officers (Fire, EMT, Police) in emergency situations.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-5 years related experience, training or trade/technical school training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, License, Registrations
Valid PA Driver’s Licenses.
CPR Certification preferred (training provided)
RAMP Certified (training provided)
Hilton Brand Standards (training provided upon hire)