Willow Valley History
Over a span of more than 50 years, Willow Valley has worked to develop innovative and creative approaches to hospitality services and real estate development and management. But where did this all begin?
Willow Valley’s legacy leads us back to John and Florence Thomas. In 1943, the Thomas’s started a business supplying poultry and eggs to farmer’s markets across Lancaster County. While building this business, the couple earned a reputation for its delicious meals and baked goods, and ultimately, for their hospitality and generosity. It was around this time Florence began hosting a weekly, home-cooked meal in their home for the members of their team. The meal would go on to become a tradition.
In 1966, the Thomas Family opened the Willow Valley Inn, which included thirty guest rooms and a family restaurant with one hundred seats. This venture marked the beginning of the Willow Valley Corporation, and it has continued to expand and positively impact the Lancaster County community. These new endeavors have included expanding to more farmers markets, a bakery, additional hotels, a golf course, a supermarket, senior living communities, as well as commercial and residential real estate development. Over the years and across all these areas of its business, Willow Valley has always operated with the same spirit of hospitality that was exemplified by the Thomas Family when they first began.
Today, as we are celebrating our 50th anniversary, Willow Valley is blessed to have an extraordinary team that strives to create great experiences for each and every person that encounters Willow Valley’s tradition of excellence!