The Homewood Suites by Hilton – Harrisburg East Team recently received national brand recognition at a “by invitation only” awards event held in Las Vegas, NV. Our Homewood by Hilton – Harrisburg East won the Hilton Connie Award of Merit. Of the awards recognized at this event, this is the only award that recognizes the very top hotels, the best of the best, among the Homewood Suites by Hilton brand. This award is earned by achieving high service and cleanliness scores combined with “Outstanding” Hilton Quality Assurance Audits.
The Manager of Maintenance is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of all building infrastructure maintenance and repairs including all minor improvement projects on property. Responsibilities include carpentry, painting, masonry, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, gases, and roofing. Additionally, responsible for the purchasing and inventory of maintenance parts and supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervises maintenance Team Members including planning and directing work.
- Appraises performance, reviews and disciplines Team Members, addressing complaints and resolves issues.
- Directs workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies and maintains in proper working order.
- Assists in managing and coordinating hotel renovation projects.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Coordinates capital purchases for hotel mechanical needs and completing a ROI for each project.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists internal/external workers in solving work problems related to quality or productivity, suggesting changes to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assists in special projects and deep cleaning as needed.
- Maintains time and production records, plans, performs and maintains preventative maintenance logs and records.
- Maintains swimming pools and pool equipment, performs testing and maintains logs in accordance with the law.
- Responsible for working with and coordinating grounds maintenance, activities such as mowing, trimming, weeding, shoveling and plowing snow and outdoor maintenance.
- Conducts safety talks and training on a monthly basis.
- Confers with other Team Leaders to coordinate maintenance activities of individual departments and/or equipment.
- Manages hotel Preventative Maintenance Program and maintains condition standards in public areas, hallways, parking lots and outside areas.
- Schedules outside contractor work including fire systems and equipment in accordance with company guidelines
- Proactively interprets internal reports (logs, maintenance work orders, etc.) to maximize maintenance output.
- Oversees vehicle maintenance.
- Helps to serve as a Manager on Duty at the hotel (MOD)
- Follows established company policies, procedures, and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and Guests.
- Provide a superior experience to all Guests by giving warm hospitality and executing ways to exceed expectations.
- Provide an excellent work environment by listening and reacting to Team Members needs. Recognize and reward Team Members during special occasions and achievements.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of our business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises Team Members in Maintenance. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training Team Members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining Team Members; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for signing off on payroll and designating a back-up person in their absence for processing departmental payroll components in a timely manner – such as weekly timesheet approvals, transferal of hours, PTO, and entering schedules,
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, License, Registrations
Valid PA Drivers Licenses.
Valid Pool Certification.
CPR Certification preferred