Maintenance TechnicianDoubleTree Resort, Lancaster - Full Time/Part Time positions available!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maximizing the quality, effectiveness, and productivity of the facilities. This position maintains Willow Valley’s first impression to our guests, residents, clients and the community. The Maintenance Technician works closely with the Manager of Maintenance, General Manager, Front Desk Staff, and Housekeeping Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Completes room Preventative Maintenance and associated documentation.
- Responsible for key cards, locks and securing mechanical rooms as well as other areas of the building.
- Troubleshoots pumps, motors, HVAC equipment, kitchen equipment and lighting. Clean, change filters and trouble shoot HVAC systems.
- Responds and resolves plumbing problems including clogs, broken faucets and toilets, leaks in the domestic water supply as well as the sanitation lines.
- Maintains swimming pool and associated equipment, performs water quality tests and document readings in accordance with state laws.
- Cleans and prepares areas to be painted. Completes touch up painting and finish coat painting.
- Responds to emergency calls, or when an alarm is triggered and sent to the monitoring company.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet deadlines.
- Works in a Team oriented environment and is expected to assist, communicate and coordinate repairs with fellow Team Members and Team Leaders.
- Assists with maintaining pest control logs and documentation as well as activities required to control pest activity.
- Removes snow from roofs, sidewalks and parking lots. Maintains walking surfaces to avoid icy, slippery conditions.
- Picks up and removes litter and cigarette butts from trash receptacles, parking lots, landscape beds and turf areas.
- Assists the housekeeping department to clean facilities and turn mattresses.
- Friendly, outgoing and responsive to guests and the general public’s requests providing excellent customer service.
- Follows established Willow Valley Associates and Hilton company policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance and consistency with all Team Members and guests.
- Due to seasonal needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of this business
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Other Skills and Abilities
A current valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required. Team Members driving WVA vehicles must be at least 21 years of age with a clean driving record.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have basic knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and electrical maintenance.
Safety Policy and Procedures
The Team Member in this position is responsible for following Willow Valley’s safety policies and procedures, promoting safety, and identifying areas for improvement. The Team Member must be knowledgeable about and follow Willow Valley’s Safety Manual. The Team Member will be reviewed annually on workplace safety and must submit to random drug testing. This is a Safety-Sensitive Position as defined in the Drug Free Workplace Policy.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to move 1-50 lbs.; stand; walk; bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Complexity & Judgment
Work requires performing routine and non-routine tasks. Work is diversified and requires judgment in the application of established rules and procedures within established guidelines.Apply Now